Right at this moment, then ever before, online learning has increased drastically. In the traditional classroom setting both the teacher and the students had to be available in the classroom. But in the case of online learning, it’s not a problem as the student can study from anywhere at any time.
This online learning is available worldwide in almost every intuition and university. They offer courses for all subjects. Plus, it is very helpful and flexible; it is suitable for any kind of lifestyle and students can learn from anywhere even if the university is not in their hometown.
The number of people who moved to online learning is increasing incredibly. But at the same time, there are some challenges in this online learning that are faced by many students. If you are one among them, then you should continue reading this article to get insight into the issues, because this article is going to discuss and mainly focus on the challenges and solutions of online learning.
Online learning challenges and workable solution to overcome these problems
A high-speed internet connection is required for online classes but many are not capable of getting it. A stable internet connection is a demand for online learning and device storage also plays an important role. Both play an important role in helping you to attend classes on time, especially live sessions. If the connection is not stable or is low-speed then you may a live session, experience blurry video and lots of other technical errors. Because of these technical issues, students fail to attend lectures properly and their learning will be affected.
- Choose the high-speed Internet access service.
- Find out technical support for correcting technical issues like software and some tools for learning.
- Connect with the lecturer to get help in an unfixable situation who can help the students with session recordings or provide backups.
It is somewhat difficult to adapt to the new way of learning after being accustomed to the traditional classroom learning. During the sudden change, students will struggle to adapt to online learning. They may struggle to focus during online classes because of this sudden change and their mindset prevents them from accepting the new change and new learning atmospheres.
- The lecturer can make the class more interesting with the help of the questions section or with some conversation like debates.
- Students should be allowed to share their opinion with the lecturer and mainly with their peers through mails or with the use of the private message option.
- There is artificial intelligence to regulate the connection so it can be accessible for individual requirements.
- Using some learning Apps available that provide personalized individual learning experience can help to find out students’ strengths and weaknesses. Plus, it also introduces some fun ways of learning. It makes students more enthusiastic to learn and it makes them adapt to this learning atmosphere with greater ease.
Management of Time
Students have to plan a schedule to manage the time to attend online classes. For learning effectively, a schedule planner is a must. Online learning provides flexible time but some of them take it for granted. It is a big mistake. It is difficult to make adjustments with the time required for learning.
- Creating a to-do list makes it easy to attend the class at the correct time.
- Setting reminders and fixing a deadline is good for time management.
- Avoid multitasking and do one task at a time to make your work perfect and effective.
Poor Technical Knowledge
Still, some of the students are not able to operate technology properly even if they know the basic computer application and they struggle with technical issues. If some technical error happens, they find it difficult to resolve it and they face difficulty with browsing study material, attending live classes and accessing educational websites. Some of them even suffer a lot with a basic level issues like Turing on and off live classes or submitting their assignment by mail or with regard to using technology to communicate with the lecturer and their friends.
- Providing access to services that can support their devices and will help the student to solve technical issues which they experience in live classes, live chat, email, via call.
- Paying attention to the instructor will help you to solve certain technical issues.
Lack of Motivation
Students will lose their hope when they start to feel the struggle in online learning. They need motivation to complete their courses and be engaged with their classes. Self-Motivation is the main challenge common with all students in online learning.
- Using some creative way of teaching will motivate the students.
- Initiating conversation or conducting competitions can help students to be more enthusiastic and the student will eagerly learn.
- Giving them some activities that are fun-based will motivate the students.
Online learning is an incredible option for all the students to learn new skills and stay ahead of the competition. GuruQ is a one-stop online learning platform that fulfills your learning needs. You can find the relevant top tutors based on subject requirement. The best part is, you get the option to compare the best tutors based on their qualifications, experience, ratings, and reviews. Choose the right tuition package and customize your learning need.
Technology nowadays makes it easy for students to learn online. The main benefit of online learning is that despite the lack of physical infrastructure, individual students can continue to receive the best level of education and guidance. It doesn’t differ much from a traditional classroom concerning the teaching atmosphere. Find the best tutors online, because learning should never stop.