Do you love traveling? Are you the kind of person who travels to enjoy and be one with nature? Are you bored of visiting the usual hill stations of India? Do you want to try out something new, with the best views; something more thrilling, and with a wider range of attractive destinations and things to do? Then Arunachal Pradesh is your dream destination.
Arunachal Pradesh: An unexplored mesmerizing destination in India
Arunachal Pradesh borders the Indian states of Assam and Nagaland, and Tibet, Bhutan and China. Arunachal Pradesh has everything you can dream of in a hill station. The place is a perfect blend of lush greenery and mesmerizing mountains. The population is small, thankfully you don’t have to worry about the crowd. It is one of the quietest and peaceful places to be. Tourist places in Arunachal Pradesh is what you want in your life.
Places to visit in Arunachal Pradesh
Arunachal Pradesh is a tourist’s goldmine and there is so much to see that a single trip is never enough. But below are some of the best places to explore
- TAWANG: Tawang borders Bhutan and Tibet. It is a mixture of beautiful lakes and massive mountains. The greatest highlight is the Tawang Monastery, which is one of the oldest monasteries in India.
- BOMDILA: If you are up for some freshly plucked apples, head to Bomdila and take a glance at the apple orchards while enjoying the climate and serenity. Don’t forget to visit Eaglenest Wildlife Sanctuary, it is one of the awesome tourist places in Arunachal Pradesh.
- ZIRO: Don’t underestimate this district based on its name. Ziro was declared as a World Heritage Site. It has some of the best attractions in Arunachal Pradesh from the Meghna Cave Temple to Bamboo groves to Talley Valley Wildlife Sanctuary.
- BHALUKPONG: For the adventurers in you; Bhalukpong is the best place to go trekking, river rafting and hiking. While you are there, don’t forget to check out the most esteemed Kaziranga National Park.
- DIRANG: If you want to experience the culture of Bhutan, head to the small village of Dirang. It’s also the best tourist places in Arunachal Pradesh to take some heat in the cold at the local hot springs.
Things to do in Arunachal Pradesh
Arunachal Pradesh is the best place if you are a thrill-seeking person, a wildlife/ nature photographer or simply a nature lover. Below are some of the most fun activities to do at Arunachal Pradesh:
- TREKKING: Arunachal Pradesh provides the best scope for trekking. The region is mountainous and the pathways are lush with greenery. From green hills to dense forests to mountainous terrains, Arunachal Pradesh is most definitely a hiker’s destination.
- RIVER RAFTING: Go river rafting at some of the most famous and fiercest rivers in India. Pump yourself and your friends and family with adrenaline by rafting. It is one of the enthralling things to do in Arunachal Pradesh.
- MULTICULTURAL EXPERIENCE: Experience the culture of Arunachal Pradesh, Bhutan, and Tibet. From food to customs to clothing; go on a traditional fun ride here at Arunachal Pradesh.
- ONE WITH THE WILDLIFE: Visit the various wildlife sanctuaries and the most renowned Kaziranga National Park to see different species of fauna and flora. Don’t miss out on seeing tigers, black bears, porcupines, and snow leopards.
- ANGLING: What many won’t expect is that Arunachal Pradesh is an amazing spot for fishing, all thanks to the beautiful lakes and rivers here. So, don’t forget to bring your fishing rod and some bait.
How To Reach Arunachal Pradesh?
Arunachal Pradesh has poor railway connectivity and very few airports. The closest airport and railway stations are the Tezpur Airport. You can also check some exciting flight deals at CouponzGuru.com to book tickets to Tezpur. The Tezpur Railway Station, which serves as the closest hub to most of Arunachal Pradesh. Once there, you need to book cabs to the various destinations and proceed by roadways. Roadways are the best mode of transport as it provides the best scope to truly enjoy the beauty of Arunachal Pradesh.
What is the best time of the year to be at Arunachal Pradesh?
The best time to visit Arunachal Pradesh and truly enjoy sightseeing would be summer, from March to June. But if one wants to experience the cold side of Arunachal Pradesh (8-15 degrees Celsius) then come in winter, from October to February. But the overall best time to visit Arunachal Pradesh, apt for sightseeing and the cool climate, would be between January to April.