This Aloo Mutter Masala, a North Indian Cuisine is perfect to treat your taste buds. The recipe is prepared with well-cooked potatoes and fresh green peas with spicy and tangy masala. But commonly is seen in South Indian kitchen too. Aloo Mutter Masala will be in semi gravy consistency so, it goes well with rice and roti too. It is suitable for the main course of the meal. It is no more a restaurant dish. You can make it in your kitchen in a simple and tasty way.
Aloo Mutter Masala
All know potatoes are a form of complex carbohydrate i.e. starch, it’s a powerhouse of energy. Highly advisable during weaning period in a boiled and mashed form for babies and toddlers. Always boil potatoes with the skin to get vitamins and minerals for your body; it should be clean well in running water. And the fresh green peas in this dish is the taste enhancer, low in calories and high in fiber and protein with lots of minerals and vitamins. Aloo Mutter Masala will have a blend of potatoes and peas and it’s a complete combination for the main course. you can also add methi to add flavor to the Aloo Mutter Masala. Even kids will love it, it makes a tasty wholesome meal when combined with rice /chapathi .
Ingredients required are
• Boiled Potatoes – 4 no’s ( peeled and largely cubes )
• Fresh Green peas or Mutter – ½ cup
• Finely chopped Onion – 2 no’s
• Tomato puree (Blanched) – 2 no’s
• Ginger and Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
• Green Chili – 2 small slit
• Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
• Garam Masala – 1 tsp
• Chili Powder – ¾ tsp
• Coriander powder – 1 tsp
• Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
• Kasturi Methi – 1 tbsp or fresh methi leaves
• Coriander leaves – a handful of fresh leaves
• Salt – as per taste
• Gingelly oil – 1 tbsp
• Water – 200 ml
• Fresh Milk cream – as taste enhancer ( as per preference )
Preparation Time: 15 mins Cooking Time: 15 mins Serving Size: 3 – 4 portions
1. Take a pan and pour 1 tbsp of Gingelly to heat. Now add fennel seeds followed by finely chopped onion, sauté till it becomes golden brown.
2. Now add ginger and garlic paste, cook well. Then add tomato puree and slit green chili.
3. Add all spice powders – Chili powder, Coriander powder, Garam Masala, turmeric powder, salt for taste and stir well for 2 – 4 mins in low flame until raw smell goes off.
4. Cook well with 200ml of water till all Masala blend well and sauté till oil begin to separate from gravy
5. Now it’s a time to add boiled and cubed potatoes, fresh green mutter to it and finely chopped fresh coriander finally cover it with lid for 3 – 5 mins and keep the flame low.
6. Stir for a minute and sprinkle some Kasturi methi/ fresh methi leaves on top of it and mix well.
7. If preferred add some fresh milk cream or some butter for a flavor
8. Serve hot with plain whole wheat roti or Jeera pulao.
9. Enjoy a tasty and healthy meal with family.