Women’s day wishes for all superwomen reading this!! ‘’Derogatory comments’’, statements that shatter self-esteem! Yes, most women would have come across it in their lifetime. We would have been on the receiving end of such comments from our family members, neighbors, and even friends.
“Women Rise Up And Speak Out When You Get Derogatory Comments”
These comments may be anything about yourself, maybe the way you dress or look, your skills, your current status or your inability to go for job or study, etc.
If you are working women, you may receive certain derogatory comments at the workplace. People might comment on your inability to maintain work-life balance. If you are not working, you might face statements that degrade you for being lazy, and the worst thing is some people might add the word luckily because you can just relax the whole day (which is definitely not true).
If you are married and have a kid, you may get comments on your parenting skills and married life.
It is not just you; most women face such comments in their life. Be it in the early 20s or in late 60s, we, women keep receiving such comments.Speak out, rather than brooding over. “Just remember, the person who gives will also receive the same, someday.”
Here are certain things you can do, if such derogatory comments shatter you inner self-esteem
1. Do not feel low or hurt as you receive, because who knows yourself better. As you feel hurt, you make them superior. People degrading you are neither mighty nor legends. You know the reason for doing things your own way. So, if people comment on that, do not feel hurt, follow the mantra “ignorance is bliss”.
2. Just remember, be the way you are. Let the comments not shatter you or make you take swift actions and change, just because you were not accepted by few around. Just think; it is their perspective to look at things.
3. Everyone has their own way to look at things. Comments may be; about your style, dress, and color or on what you do. Just keep in mind that, they are expressing what they feel. We normally get offended, because we forget that they talk what is in their mind. “Please do not mind the words, which come out, from their mind”
4. Use a mature defensive reply if the question offends you.“Be mature enough to look up to their face and explain”. Be bold enough to make them guilty, for the question they asked you, come up with a clear and crisp explanation.
5. Just forgive and forget.If nothing works, the best thing is to forgive and forget the words said by the person. “YouTube is loaded with forgiveness meditation”. Just put your earphones and listen.“No one is perfect! Each human they come across is different’’.