Chennai is an amazing city to enjoy as a couple. As you travel to the outskirts of Chennai you will see a lot of spectacular places.The hectic schedule of daily life might be annoying. All of us crave for a break and calm weekend.If you want to escape the hustle and bustle of the city, just head to the outskirts of the city.Enjoy the nature and get amazed by the splendid architecture.Feel the calmness and fall in love with your partner again. Here are the
5 Best Exotic Places Near Chennai to Visit For Couples
1.Cholamandal Artist Village
It is the best place for art lovers. Injampakkam is just 9 K.M from Adayar, Chennai.This gallery of art is located at ECR, Cholamandal artist village, injambakkam, Palavakkam.
Cholamandal got its name from Chola dynasty which encouraged arts and ruled the region. It has got the name from the Cholamandal coast of Bay of Bengal which is a short walk from here. The painter K.C.S Paniker is the visionary behind this.
- This best self-supporting artists’ village in Asia was set up in 1966.It is a home to the works of world-renowned artists.
- The gallery features the contemporary paintings and sculpture. The picture speaks a thousand words as you look them with awe.
- The amazing architecture is spread on the 10-acre land. Have a walk in the sculpture garden with your loved one.
- Laburnum and the Indigo gallery display the art for sale.
- Buy your favorite creations from the gift shop here.
Fall in love with art as you spend romantic moments with your soul mate. If art is your passion carry a notebook and write what amazed you in short.
Enjoy all this with an entry fee of just INR 20. It is a small tribute to all the artisans
Best time to see: Weekends
This symbol of the heritage of south India is at ECR, Muttukadu.The place is a perfect blend of cultural living and architectures of mesmerizing south India.
This patron of south Indian art and architecture was opened on 14th December 1996 and is managed by Madras craft foundation.
- It is a museum where history comes alive.
- Walk into the houses and learn the heritage and culture of south India.
- Enjoy the art, architecture, lifestyle and performing arts of South India with your loved one.
- Play the ancient games and improve your life skills.
Hold hands and enjoy the culture of south India with your love. If you love architecture or art please do not forget to take the picture and do note the significance of it.
Enjoy the heritage and culture with an entry fee of INR 100 on weekdays and INR 120 on weekends.
Best time to see: Choose a lazy afternoon and enjoy the culture with your better half.
3. Nettukuppam Beach
The Beach which stands as an epitome of contemporary and former history is just 28kms from Chennai Railway station.If you are searching for a calm and less crowded location in Chennai to spend quality time with your partner, this beach is a perfect choice. If you love photography, this place will give ample of the job to your camera.
- Sit and chat with your loved one on the broken bridge and enjoy the sprinkling of waves.
- Feel the calmness as you feel the gentle breeze and look the clean blue waters.
- Get the view of Ennore Thermal Power station from this spectacular beach.
- Enjoy the solitude as there are no vendors or food stalls here.
- The sands are clear as they are undisturbed. Have a slow walk enjoying the nature.
It is the perfect destination for photography. So enjoy the romantic moments with your loved one.
Best time to see: Choose an early morning ,watch the sunrise or an evening to watch the sunset and drive back home.
This amazing beach is near the coast of Bay of Bengal, along with a village named Covelong. It is 40 km from Chennai.
It got the name Covelong as British was unable to pronounce Kovalam. (Kovalam is the original name and the beach is famously known around as Kovalam beam rather than Covelong).
- It is known as India’s First surfing village.
- Get thrilled with your loved one, enjoy the water sports.
- Collect the fascinating seashells as you walk along the uplifting palm trees.
- Get excited as you watch the fishing activity.
- You can enjoy a boat ride in the sea.
- The Catholic churches and the ruins of Dutch fort add as an attraction.
- Observe the crocodiles living happily in the crocodile farm.
Sunsets do look beautiful but you may have a hard time, as you have to reach the city in the darkness and traffic, so do not be lazy to start your day soon and fall in love with the sunrise. Click your romantic moments in solitude. If you do like water sport this is must visit place for you.
Best time to see: Come in morning and spend a great time until the sun scorches in the afternoon or just enjoy the water sports and feel cool when the sun scorches.
5.Pulicat town or Pazhaverkadu
It is 60 k.m from Chennai and is in Thiruvallur district.This is an exotic place for all couples who want to spend some quality time in the calm environment.
It was the headquarter of Dutch Coromandel in the 16th century.The place might have seen ancient romantic stories.
- Get amazed by watching one of the few natural harbors on the Coromandel coast.
- Watch the splendid Pulicat lake and feel calm with your love.
Tips: Never miss to have a long walk on the calm and clean historic seashore.
Best time to see: Mornings are the best. Spend 8:00 am to 10:30 A.M here and enjoy the breeze.
Just take a drive to this place when you want to get synchronized with nature.Fell the tranquility and fall in romance.You can choose your comfortable mode of transport to reach these places.Enjoy and create beautiful romantic moments with your soulmate.